When I’m in the US I always carry around a peanut-butter-cookie bar from ‘Larabar’ in case I get hungry. (which is very often! 🙂 )
It’s my favourite snack for on the road! But as they are unavailable in the Netherlands, I made them myself.
Only 2 ingredients and super easy with a food processor. Don’t own a food processor? Don’t worry, with a hand blender it’s also very doable.
Ingredients for 4 bars:
- 1 cup dates
- 1,5 cup salted peanuts
Directions with food processor:
- Put peanuts in the food processor and chop ‘m up!
- Remove the pits from the dates
- Add dates to peanuts and blend into gooey substance
- Divide in 4 and place each piece on some cling-film
- Wrap the cling film around the mixture and mould into your desired shape
- READY! For the picture I unwrapped them but it’s much easier to keep them in the cling film until you’re hungry… which might be NOW… in this case… ENJOY!
Directions without food processor:
- Remove the pits from the dates and soak them in some hot water for a couple of minutes
- Chop the peanuts up with a hand blender, or if unavailable chop with a knife or grind
- Drain the dates thoroughly and chop them into a mushy consistency.
- Mix the dates and peanuts into a gooey substance
- Go to point 4 of the above…Divide in 4….